Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On Lawyers

Arguing with lawyers is much easier when you realize that it's not personal with them. Members of the public will get all offended when you tell them something they don't want to hear. Lawyers will argue their cases but not get all offended when you don't tell them what they want to hear.

I suppose I might feel differently if lawyers were trying to sue me or something. But in my job, lawyers are mostly just trying to convince me of things, and I'm under no obligation to agree with them. It's not a bad thing.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 7:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

It makes me think of Hyman Roth's conversation with Michael Corleone in The Godfather, Part 2, about how the various horrible things they do are just business...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home