In the news
1. Johann Hari visits Dubai and writes about how it is a dictatorship built on slave labor.
2. Chimpanzees exchange meat for sex.
3. Parking guru Donald Shoup talks about Los Angeles.
4. Sasha Frere-Jones discusses differences between the American and British music scenes.
5. The Wyoming State Library promoted its online database of Chilton auto-repair manuals by distributing stickers and posters to auto-repair shops of the mudflap silhouette lady reading a book.
ALSO (4/9/09): 6. An old racist who used to burn crosses and beat up civil rights advocates is apologizing for his past.