Saturday, September 08, 2007

New county-counting map

I updated my county-counting map over on Marty O'Brien's site to show seven different colors instead of the old four. Formerly I color-keyed things by decade (red for the '70s to blue for the '00s), but now I've divided it into five-year increments, from red for ages 0-4 to green for ages 30-34.

Here's the old map:Here's the new map with prettier colors (click here for full size):I just turned 34 yesterday, so I've got another year to color things in green before I'll inaugurate a new color (and become eligible to be President of the United States).

Note: I don't know why the background color turns up as black on the blog.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, September 8, 2007 at 8:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ted said...

That's right; I always forget you're less than two weeks younger than I. Happy birthday!

I kind of like the black background on the maps, though; gives a more neon-electric vibe to the colors.

 
At Sunday, September 9, 2007 at 1:30:00 AM PDT, Blogger Adam Villani said...

Oh yeah, I too had forgotten that you were less than two weeks older than me. There was a woman at work whom I worked with on a lot of projects who was three days older than me. She'd have her birthday, and I'd ask, "What's it like to be 33?"

One odd thing if you look closely at the black-backgrounded US maps is that it seems to have kept the state borders as black, the same as the background color. So the county outlines only appear within the states, and you can sort of see weird negative-space outlines of the states.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home