Thursday, August 30, 2007

Photos from Indiana

My wife Jen has a fellowship from the Eli Lilly corporation to help get her Master's degree, so she's been spending a lot of time in Indianapolis lately. I've been out there myself three times. It's pretty bland, but I got the impression that for some, that's a selling point.

Anyway, back in June I took some photos around Indiana. They have a very nice public circle in downtown Indy around the Soldiers and Sailors Monument.Here is another view.Some police horses were taking a drink at one of the fountains.If you head south from Indianapolis the scenery gets a little more interesting, with some hills and trees instead of just flat farmland. This is a field in the hamlet of Pikes Peak, supposedly named because its founding family was heading west to Colorado, got tired, and just decided to stop in Indiana.This is a shot of about half of the town of Story.This is at the appropriately-named crossroads of Stone Head. Douglas Wissing's Scenic Driving Indiana says the marker was carved in lieu of paying a road tax.I have some more photos of Indiana taken last year, too (actually, a lot more, and they're more interesting photos, too), which I'll label and narrate later.

4 Comments:

At Friday, August 31, 2007 at 12:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger sylvia/ticklethepear said...

did you visit that humongo sports complex?

 
At Friday, August 31, 2007 at 12:43:00 PM PDT, Blogger Adam Villani said...

I'm not sure what you're referring to... the RCA Dome (formerly the Hoosier Dome)? I saw it from the outside, but I didn't go in. Across the street, they're building Lucas Oil Stadium, a retractable-dome stadium with more capacity that opens up next year. Neither one is really a complex, though, just a single building.

 
At Monday, March 31, 2008 at 5:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger MrBruAl said...

Hey Adam--

I'm promoting a public event on Monument Circle in Indianapolis in April, and would like to post two of your images on my blog. Are you okay with that? Visit smallerindiana.com for more. My personal blog is at brual.wordpress.com. Thanks.

 
At Monday, March 31, 2008 at 11:10:00 AM PDT, Blogger Adam Villani said...

Mr. BruAl -- Sure, no problem. Thanks for asking, and I'm glad you liked the photos. Just make a little note crediting them to Adam Villani somewhere on the page. Good luck with your event!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home