Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm not dead

Hey folks, I know, I haven't updated the site in more than a week, and now I'm going up to the Bay Area for a week, so I probably won't have anything more to add until late next week. Jen came home last week from Indiana, so I've been jostled out of the comfortable [UPDATE (see comments): also lonely and boring!] sitting- at- home- and- blogging lifestyle I'd been living all summer. Anyway, I'm still here and will probably put some more stuff up late next week.

Coming soon: Book reports! Here's what I've been reading since May:
So that's what I'll probably write about when I get back. I also intend to start on Marc Levinson's The Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger when I finish A Brief History of Time.

For now, I'll just say that all of these books have been pretty fascinating.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 12:01:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that Jen appreciates her homecoming being referred to as being jostled out of your comfortable lifestyle.

Bad husband! No!

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 12:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Adam Villani said...

OK, I should add that in addition to being comfortable, it was lonely!

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 12:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger Adam Villani said...

And kind of boring!

 
At Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 7:27:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ted said...

I gotta defend Adam on this one. "Comfortable" is not necessarily a good thing. I'd describe the times Brigid's away for an extended period as times when I get "comfortable" -- sleeping in, watching too much TV, reading too many Internet forums, not doing enough work. Having someone else around is a good thing, especially once you're used to it.

 
At Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 3:03:00 AM PDT, Blogger clynne said...

Eh, Erich refers to his "carefree bachelor lifestyle" when I'm gone. I know what that is -- making Thai food *with all the oil left in*, gaming, and being assaulted by the cats.

It doesn't bug me. 'Cause I know he's cracking a joke about how lame his life is without me: when I'm at home, he has help in fending off kitty attacks.

 
At Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 10:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ted said...

Bah. In our house, when one of us leaves, the cats disappear as well. The only evidence they're well is the food levels go down and the poop levels go up.

 
At Monday, August 20, 2007 at 1:13:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[The single guy laughs]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home