Older than You Might Think
Here are some people who are older than one might otherwise think.
1. Debbie Harry, lead singer of Blondie, is 63. She was already 33 when "Heart of Glass" hit the charts. Wikipedia says that when "Maria" topped the British charts in 1999, she was the oldest female singer ever to do that. (The U.S. record is held by the slightly-younger Cher.)
2. One-hit wonder Toni Basil is 65. She was already 39 when she dressed up like a cheerleader for "Mickey." Singing was just a side job for Basil, who has a decades-long career as a choreographer and had small parts in movies like Easy Rider and Five Easy Pieces.
3. Artist/musician Yoko Ono is 76. She was more than 7 years older than John Lennon. She was 70 when she had her first #1 hit, the remix of "Walking on Thin Ice," which topped the Billboard Dance/Club Play chart.
4. "Inside the Actors Studio" host and former pimp James Lipton is 82.
5. Christopher Lee is 86, turning 87 later this month. He was 82 when he dueled Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the Sith.