Friday, July 14, 2006

Odd Athletic Competitions

If you thought Cup-Stacking (sorry- "Sport Stacking"), Underwater Rugby, or Tug-of-War were marginal sports, get a load of the National Association of Staredown Professionals.

Update: For the record, you'll notice that Andrew Sullivan's posting of the trailer for a staredown documentary came two days after this post.

Update #2: Then today (Monday), the August issue of Esquire arrives in my mail, and there's an article on eye contact with a sidebar on how to win a staring contest. You heard it here first: Staring is in.

Update #3: Last night (Thursday) I was at a movie theatre waiting for the show to start, and a mentally retarded guy two rows in front of me turned around and stared at me for ten minutes. Staring - everybody's doing it!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 1:23:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that NASP logo reminds me of the vase/two faces illusion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home