Monday, February 19, 2007

Another Reason Why Gated Communities Are Stupid

I live in a large apartment complex with a gated entry. If there's a problem with my L.A. Times delivery, getting it fixed is a major pain in the ass, because the special replacement delivery driver doesn't have the access card to get into my complex that the regular guy has. So if I'm in the shower, have already left for work, or am otherwise unable to answer the phone when the special replacement guy comes by, I'm outta luck. If I were living in just a regular house with my own private porch and such, this would not be a problem. Having some sort of gatekeeper on a house would do very little to increase my security but would cause all sorts of annoying problems like that. Not for me, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home