Thursday, November 02, 2006

Apostasy

Right-wing blogger John Cole of "Balloon Juice" suddenly realized that the Republican Party is full of "frauds and religionists and crooks and liars and corporate shills." Good for him; I agree. I hope more people catch on. I have to say, though, as a Democrat, it's not like everything's rosy over on this side. A few years ago, I think maybe shortly after 9/11, I came to the realization that I was tired of giving demagogues on the left like Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky the benefit of the doubt because they were "on my side." I'm fine with voting and rooting for the Democrats as a whole in elections, but I'm not going to be their cheerleader when they fail to come up with decent plans or viable candidates (*cough* Phil Angelides *cough* John Kerry) and I'm certainly not going to give the hardcore leftists a pass when their entire viewpoint starts by blaming all the world's problems on the evil AmeriKKKan corporate empire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home