Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Maui photos, sort of


I mentioned yesterday that we made the "complete figure-8 tour of Maui" on our trip, which, for practical purposes, means we drove all the way around the West Maui Mountains as well as all the way around Haleakala. The Hana Highway (around the north side of Haleakala) justifies its well-known status as one of the most beautiful drives in the country, but it was on the Kahekili Highway around the north side of West Maui and the Pi'ilani Highway around the south side of Haleakala that I was too busy trying to avoid getting my rented Dodge Neon from getting stuck in the mud or trying not to plunge to my death by falling off a cliff to take many photos of my own. Thankfully, Oscar Voss has an excellent Hawai'i Highways web page with some great photo-travelogues of the Hana Highway, Kahekili Highway, and Pi'ilani Highway. You can see Oscar's photos of what I saw on the road by clicking on those links. I'll have photos of my own uploaded soon; Oscar's photos are mostly of the roads themselves rather than the things you can see from the roads, but you'll get the general idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home