Sunday, January 18, 2009

Balloon Twisting

Last weekend I attended a birthday party for my wife's co-worker's 2-year-old son. For entertainment, they had hired a balloon twister whom we were are really impressed with. I don't think I'd ever seen balloon twisting more complex than a simple single-balloon animal, but this girl really elevated things to a new level. Not only did she employ myriad techniques I'd never thought of, but she was able to make her balloons with lightning speed, all while doing a good job of handling the children. We asked her how she had learned to do all of that, and she said she had taught herself when she was 12 and had been doing it continuously since then. Now all of her friends are balloon-twisters, she goes to balloon-twisting conventions, which I had no idea existed, she does competitions, etc. Who knew?So anyway, I'm just passing along a recommendation for Malinda the balloon twister, and if you want to see her handiwork in person, she does her thing at Cafe Tu Tu Tango at the Block at Orange every Friday and Saturday evening. I have no idea how much she charges.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 8:17:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, you weren't kidding! i didn't know what you meant when you said you had never seen balloon twisting like hers before. she's amazing!

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 10:31:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much does she charge?

 
At Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 9:15:00 PM PST, Anonymous Lisa Eklund said...

Very impressive balloon twisting. I am a face painter looking to add balloon twisting, wow I hope someday I can do the designs you have on your blog. Impressive!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home