Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Space Chimps

Hey, so we finally got an internet hookup in our new apartment. I'm back to blogging!

So, let's begin with an observation on Space Chimps. If I knew there was a movie called Space Chimps and it was live-action with actual chimps in spacesuit costumes, then I would consider it a must-see. Live-action chimps in costumes is cinematic gold. But computer-animated chimps? Bah! What's the point? If you animate them, you remove the key to ape-related comedy: the chaos, the dissonance caused by an animal making an attempt to act human and falling far short. Instead, all indications are that the makers of Space Chimps make the mistake of having the chimps succeed in acting like people, with a few banana-eating references thrown in. Let me tell you, it's a heck of a lot funnier to watch an actual chimp spaz out than to watch the chimp version of Andy Samberg pretend to spaz out.

I have no intention of watching this movie. Bring back live chimps in costumes! Man, I'm peeved that I missed Speed Racer.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, July 24, 2008 at 8:42:00 AM PDT, Blogger hagus said...

Anyone remember "Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp?" I know I do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home