Monday, July 07, 2008

Where Am I?

I am in Alaska. I have been on a cruise ship for the last week, so I haven't had internet access, and then before that I was busy with a wedding, and before that I was busy moving to Woodland Hills (next door to a Fry's Electronics!) I'll be back home next weekend, but I don't yet have internet access set up at the new place, so I'll still be sort of intermittently uncontactable via internet for a while.

Anyway, Alaska is a blast and the cruise was lots of fun. We saw a whole bunch of glaciers, which are truly awesome. Also some wildlife (otters, harbor seals, mountain goats, mosquitos, bald eagles, puffins, distant humpback whales), though we hope to see more when we go up to Denali National Park. Right now I'm at an internet cafe in Anchorage, but tonight I'll be in Talkeetna.

UPDATE (07-13-08): I'm back at home in Southern California. It feels kinda odd to see what night looks like again; I hadn't seen natural darkness in about a week. In Denali National Park, we saw a bunch of wildlife, including five grizzly bears, two moose, a dozen caribou, two foxes, etc. Using Talkeetna Air Taxi, we went flightseeing up the Kahiltna Glacier in the Alaska Range, and landed on a glacier up at the base camp for Mt. McKinley climbers. That was amazing! Ah, well, back to work tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At Monday, July 7, 2008 at 2:39:00 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent! I hope you have a great time in Denali. I will be supremely jealous (and eager to hear your observations), especially if you see the aurora borealis. Keep on truckin', Alexander Supertramp...

 
At Wednesday, July 9, 2008 at 4:38:00 PM PDT, Blogger Adam Villani said...

Oh, I'm unlikely to see the aurora... it's too summery right now. It's been several days since I've seen darkness, in fact... sunset is around 11:30 and sunrise is around 3:30, and it was light even at midnight.

 
At Friday, July 11, 2008 at 1:38:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ryan said...

Alaska rules. I'm hoping to go there again this summer as well.

Woodland Hills, eh? Congrats on the move. Let's catch a baseball game or something soon.

 
At Monday, July 14, 2008 at 5:42:00 PM PDT, Blogger clynne said...

It was fun getting your phone calls! Glad you had a good time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home