Monday, December 10, 2007

To Live and Work in L.A.

Since I don't really share many personal details on this blog, those of you who only know me online probably don't know that I've actually been unemployed since being laid off in May. But now I'm happy to say that I am employed once again! I'll be working in the City of Los Angeles Planning Department, working in Subdivisions and/or Environmental Review. It took me longer to find work than I expected (public agencies work veerrrryyy slllooowwwwlllyyy), but it really wasn't so bad; I did some traveling, got to relax, and we were OK with the money. But I am definitely looking forward to contributing to society with more than just my scintillating personality. It'll be exciting to work in City Hall, the center of the action. I start in two weeks.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 6:01:00 AM PST, Blogger sylvia/ticklethepear said...

Congrats! I really enjoyed my unemployment but then again I had the luxury of having the resources to take my time finding a job.

 
At Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 10:27:00 AM PST, Blogger donnadb said...

Congratulations! This is great news. Indianapolis will have to wait -- for now!

 
At Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 2:42:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Adam. The new job sounds very exciting. All the best!
Eileen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home