Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hittin' the road again

Hey folks, I'm hittin' the road again (yes, I have a lot of free time these days; email me if you'd like to know the details). My basic plan from Friday to Monday is to circle the Sierra Nevadas in a counterclockwise direction, spending the first night in Reno, the second camping somewhere in the vicinity of Lassen Volcanic National Park, and the third night somewhere north of Sacramento before heading back.

Why? To sightsee, to clear my head, to take walks in the forest, to maybe catch a couple of minor-league baseball games, and to visit counties I haven't yet bagged. If everything falls into place right, there's a possibility I might be able to visit all 9 of California's 58 counties that I haven't yet been to. If you look at that map, what you'll see basically is that I haven't been to the northeastern corner of the state and I haven't explored much between I-5 and US-101 north of the Bay Area. That's kind of a best-case-scenario version of this trip, though; what's more likely is that I'll miss Modoc County and at least one other. I should be able to fill in some gaps in Nevada, too.

Either way, I've felt kind of cooped up for the past week or so and am itching to get out. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home