Monday, May 07, 2007

Spider-Man's Black Costume

Another quick note here: In case you're wondering about some of the backstory behind the third Spider-Man movie, Spider-Fan has a convenient summary of how Spidey's black costume came to be, and also primers on Venom, the Sandman, and the Harry Osborn Green Goblin.

I thought the movie was pretty good, but didn't have quite the vim of the first two. The stories in the comics can develop over years or even decades, and they can lose some of their richness when condensed into a 2-hour-plus movie. I think it would have been better with at least one fewer villain.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 8:19:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd MacFarlane really really annoys the piss out of me. I enjoyed the other two Spidey films, so I'll probably go see this one, but, *grumble.*

The only thing more annoying than MacFarlane has been the months of fanboy gushing about the return of Venom. I had thought we were done with that nonsense when Spawn's first issue turned out to be such a badly-written (albeit beautifully drawn) piece of crap.

 
At Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 8:55:00 PM PDT, Blogger Adam Villani said...

And yet Spawn was a big success, commercially.

I saw the Spawn movie... oh man that was a piece of crap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home