Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Piling On

I know I'm guilty of piling on about Cory Doctorow's excitability, but this latest one is a doozy. Some guy got stuck in one spot of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland with the lights on and felt compelled to post a boring, 5-minute, herky-jerky, lamely-narrated video of it to YouTube. This happened to me on the Indiana Jones ride the last time I was at Disneyland and it was kind of interesting for a little while but mostly it's just being stuck on a ride. Cory was a bit more impressed than I was:
Hot damn this is a kick-ass piece of video -- the Mansion with the lights on, it's like a cross between seeing your parents having sex and catching the hand of God rearranging the laws of physics while your back is turned.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 12:31:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam, be nice now.

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 1:22:00 PM PDT, Blogger Adam Villani said...

Well, I'll give him his props: about once per day, Doctorow manages to find something pretty interesting on the internet and lets me know about it.

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 at 1:47:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. You'd think Cory Doctorow would have gotten stuck inside a ride with the lights on before. I always forget that those NorCal kids live effectively as far away from Disneyland as Midwestern kids.

I mean. When I was 8, it was cool to see Space Mountain broken down while on the Peoplemover. And it's still a little neato. But FIVE MINUTES! Shit, at five minutes, I'd just hope I have a book in my purse and we didn't try to cram three grownups into our Doombuggy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home