Monday, April 21, 2008

What I've been up to lately

I know I rarely share personal details on the blog, so here are some glimpses into what I've been up to lately and what's coming in the future.

I was busy pretty much the whole weekend:
  • I participated in a Quiz Bowl tournament.
  • I saw a great band, Silversun Pickups, at an in-store concert at Fingerprints record shop in Long Beach.
  • I helped my brother-in-law Lance silkscreen some tablecloths for my grandfather's 90th birthday party, which is next weekend.
My wife is back in Indianapolis these days. I went to visit her a couple weekends ago, but my camera is busted right now, so I didn't take any pictures. We visited Parke County, which says it has the most covered bridges of any county in the country. They have a handy system with five color-coded marked routes to help you find the covered bridges.

Jen has a good job lined up for when she finishes her degree in the summer. She likes what she's seen of the company, they like her, the work is right up her alley, and they pay well. Yay! We'll have to move to the San Fernando Valley, though. But if we get a place close to the Orange Line, which is a bus that rides on its own busway, thus working more like a light rail line, it shouldn't be any problem getting into work for me.

In the meantime, she has a conference in Toronto early in May, so we'll both be heading out there for about the first week of next month. We'll catch Niagara Falls, too (we saved hundreds of dollars by booking flights into Buffalo, New York, instead of Toronto itself). I've never been to Toronto; do any of you have any particular recommendations beyond the obvious as to what to see or places to eat at?

1 Comments:

At Monday, April 21, 2008 at 12:30:00 AM PDT, Blogger clynne said...

I have the Lonely Planet guide to Toronto. There's all sorts of awesome-looking places in it.

If you have a little money to get fancy, there is a REALLY tasty restaurant in the viewing station in the CN Tower. It was the only touristing I did while I was there but it was lovely. Also, it featured mostly locally produced foods, which was a delightful surprise. The only thing is, you have to pay to go up the CN tower to get to it.

There is a CAA discount (your AAA card will work) and the nice Canadian ladies working there gave me the discount even though I did not have mine with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home