Sunday, March 04, 2007

Cory Doctorow, Twit (again)

Today on BoingBoing, Cory Doctorow includes a link to a guy's website where he advocates sleeping naked. Fine, the "let me explain why my lifestyle is superior to yours" movement is annoying, but OK, whatever. What I'm posting about, though, is this line Cory wrote:
I hadn't realized that there were people who chose to sleep otherwise these days, but I guess the sinister forces of Big Pyjamas aren't to be underestimated.
Obviously the remark about Big Pyjamas is a joke, but the part before the comma is quintessential Cory. Note how he says "these days." Cory's way of living his life is the progressive way of the future, and those who don't do as he does are behind the times. Obviously the naked-sleeping issue is extremely minor, but this just struck me as typical of how he elevates his own preferences into obvious choices we would all be dupes not to agree with. I don't think he recognizes that the different preferences of other people are valid.

5 Comments:

At Monday, March 5, 2007 at 4:57:00 AM PST, Blogger Mike said...

Man, I have had to jump out of bed and deal with emergencies enough times that I always wear PJs. Good call on the twit behavior.

 
At Monday, March 5, 2007 at 6:37:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he was being sarcastic - no one would refer to the forces of "Big Pyjamas" seriously.

 
At Monday, March 5, 2007 at 7:50:00 AM PST, Blogger Adam Villani said...

I think the joke only covers the part after the comma. I think he's serious (hyperbolic, but serious) before the comma.

 
At Monday, March 5, 2007 at 1:31:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both Cory and that guy are tards. "Sleeping naked is more comfortable?" Only for him. My shoulders get cold, a problem not well solved by adding more blankets. Also, sleeping without underpants makes me have to pee more.

It's only because I'm a nice person that I won't laugh when this guy's house burns down and he has to borrow clothes from a neighbor to avoid freezing his tits off while standing on the street giving a report to the cops...

 
At Monday, March 5, 2007 at 5:00:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, I'm all about sleeping naked. However, I did it a lot more in New Orleans, when I didn't have the fear of earthquakes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home